week1 - whoami
My name is Jamie Tjosvold. I'm a second year student in SAIT's IT program. School has always been something I've enjoyed, but for a variety of reasons the post-secondary educations I've pursued to this point haven't stuck,. I inevitably end up back at jobs I've had before like being a barista or a bartender. The IT program doesn't really pigeonhole you in a specific job which I appreciate because I'm not completely sure what I want to do in IT quite yet. I just like computers, man.
I'm generally slow on the pick up. Especially when it comes to technology. I still don't have tiktok and it pisses my girlfriend off everyday. Studying emerging technologies every week will surely open my eyes, and I'm excited to see if something in particular really gets me jazzed.
I don't think I'm alone in this class in being really interested to see where AI goes in the near future. We've already seen so much advancement. Exciting and Scary. How's it going to affect workforces around the world and the availability of jobs, etc... On the brighter side, I'm truly excited for VR.... but not entirely sure why? Just seems cool.
Anyways, lets see where this class goes. Should be fun.
Comments
Post a Comment